In case you haven’t heard, I’m recording a new CD called “Deep Roots” and I’m using Kickstarter for pre-orders. There are various funding levels – i.e. $10 for just a download of the CD with increasing “rewards” for higher levels.
At the $50 level and above, I’m offering a special bonus CD (“Secret Songs”) with 20 tracks – EXCLUSIVE to Kickstarter backers.
And now, the question that invariably follows: “Huh. Okay, so what’s on the Secret Songs CD?” And my answer is … it wouldn’t be a secret if I told you here, now would it? Since I don’t want to spoil the surprise, here’s what I can tell you:
- Eight of the songs come from Nashville recording sessions that I did awhile back. All eight are familiar worship songs, and they just never fit on one of my own records.
- Two of the songs (both very cool and inventive hymn arrangements) were previously released on a friend’s CD. He graciously gave his permission to include them here.
- A couple of tracks are from live performances (including the ukulele version of “Like Incense” recorded the first time we experimented with that arrangement – you can tell we’re having a blast with it).
- I’ve done countless radio interviews, and sometimes they send me the audio afterwards. After culling through the archive, I have several entertaining segments to share with you (including some live-in-the-studio performances).
- And … there’s also a Christmas duet with a certain amazing singer with whom I’ve previously duetted (and although this song was actually released, it was only available at certain coffee shops in the Boise area).
So I’ve actually revealed quite a bit about the “secret songs” CD. I think you’ll enjoy it!
And here’s the truth: I really need your help right now! As I type this, we’ve reached 25% of our goal, and Kickstarter projects must reach 100% or there’s no funding! Zippo! So your pledge (and sharing the link with friends and family) is super important if I’m going to be able to make this CD happen.
Thanks guys! Here’s the Kickstarter link: http://kck.st/16QRjbl
And since you’re already here, I’ll drop in the “rewards graphic” for the Kickstarter campaign. Click on the graphic (or any of the above links) to get more details.